Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Actions and Consequences

I live my life with a set of standards that have been working pretty well for me. My basic theory for life is that for every action, there is a consequence, so I usually weigh the consequences and make a decision. Sometimes I know the consequences will suck, but the easier route is just the one that I want to take at the moment. And I deal with it. Like I said, it works for me.

What bothers me about this are the people who defy the consequences by excessively whining until the natural balance is shifted and they get their way. It's not right. You didn't do your job; if you whine enough, eventually your boss will just say OK to shut you up. Why not own up to the fact that you just didn't feel like getting up early today, so you kept hitting the snooze button until you were late? I appreciate honesty so much more than well-crafted bullshit. Now you have a whole new set of consequences: instead of telling the truth, you've lied to me, and now I will forever view you as a liar. Which means I can no longer trust you. So now, every time you're late, I will resent you because I saw you sneak in with Starbucks...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't explain it either. I don't understand how the rule breakers keep getting ahead and the law abiders don't.

~Jef

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home