Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Road Rage is Hereditary

I spent Mardi Gras weekend down in New Orleans with the parents, and I came to a conclusion. As I watched my father curse, flip the finger and use his massive truck as a weapon, I realized that road rage must be hereditary.

The similarities are astounding. The same reactions to the same situations; someone pulls out in front of you, he's an asshole. Someone driving slow in the fast lane; He's a F$##@$#@ idiot. Someone hits the brakes for no reason; well, that's an excuse to run up on his bumper and flash your lights while over-revving your engine.

But the biggest surprise was how absolutely hysterical I found his tirades. The hypocrisy is not lost on me; if I'm driving, it's a big deal to me, too. But as a passenger, it makes for some pretty good entertainment.

2 Comments:

Blogger salcam said...

Definitely genetic. Apparently my husband is related to your dad, too. Ha!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Sass said...

Asi asi y tu'. Yes rage is hereditary but I find myself laying on my horn and waving a fist in the air all the while shouting explatives much more in New Jersey than I do here.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home