Thursday, March 16, 2006

Damn Girl Scouts

I'm innocently walking out of the grocery store when I'm accosted by three hoodlums in green outfits.

"Hey, lady, ya wanna buy some cookies?"

Like a miniture crack dealer. Shady little character. She holds a box of Thin Mints out with a scrawny little arm, shaking the box enticingly. I look left, then right. No witnesses. I slide over to the table.

"How much?"

"Only $3.50."

"$3.50! I remember when they were two dollars a box!" I complain, handing over a $20 dollar bill. The girl grabs the cash, looking down at the money while mumbling out of the side of her mouth.

"$2.00. Sheesh, you're old, lady." With that, she handed me my change and put on a bright white smile.

"Thank you so much for supporting our Girl Scout Troop!"

And just that quickly, I have blown my diet. We all have our addictions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure she wasn't smoking or trying to pimp the brownies working with her?

~Jef

1:06 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I'd be more than willing to help you out by taking possession of your thin mint cookies. That way, you can't blow your diet if I have them.

11:38 AM  
Blogger salcam said...

Ahhh, the dreaded cookie season. Who can resist their shiny scrubbed little faces hopefully offering up boxes of sugar and artificial flavors?

I lose every time, darn it.

DARN IT DARN IT DARN IT!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home