Monday, March 27, 2006

Whose Ass Do YOU Have To Kiss Today?

I might be in a overly cynical mood today, but I'm just a little tired of life's politics. It seems no matter where you go or what you do, there's some type of politics involved. Family politics, job politics, neighborhood politics, government politics... and it all involves somebody's over-inflated ego that you have to somehow appease for the sake of peace. Don't you ever wish you could just say what you were really thinking without having to deal the consequences? Just the unhindered, blunt, and painfully honest truth?

My neighbor asked me at dinner last night, "Do you ever get lonely?" To which I did not reply, but thought to myself, "No, not really." Because within myself I find a peaceful calm that does not involve anyone else's feelings. I'm free to think the way that I want & express my feelings without fear of repercussions. I don't have to stroke my own ego to achieve something; I just have to get off my ass and do it.

I wish everyone else had that kind of perspective.

1 Comments:

Blogger salcam said...

Right on. That's why I left the evil empire - the whole "staying home with baby" was just a front; I had to get away from the bullshit politics and endless ass-kissing.

People need to grow the heck up and accept that not eveything is going to go their way all the time.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home