Thursday, April 06, 2006

Deprived

My husband & I have been juggling alternate schedules lately. Somehow, our activities cannot seem to coincide (either that, or it's an activity that the other has no interest in). So a few nights ago, I was happy that we found each other in the house at THE SAME TIME.

But when I came in from work, I was disappointed to find his nose buried in his laptop (where it tends to spend a WHOLE lot of time.) He can spend hours cruising car forums, until the entire evening has disappeared in a click of a web page.

"You pay more attention to those damn forums than you do ME," I complained.

"No, I don't." he replied without looking up. Click click. Click.

"Yes you do. You get to come home early, and all you do is sit on the couch and surf. It's not fair. I want you to pay that kind of attention to ME."

"Then join the forum."

Indeed. Bay-stard.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did that for a while to my wife and I found my sex life suffered too much. Maybe a prance in front of him naked while you slightly sing, "You're not getting any of this tonight because you are on the computer."

~Jef

10:06 AM  
Blogger salcam said...

yep - mine does exactly the same thing - and car/truck/offroad forums to boot. UGH!

It makes me crazy - after an entire day of programming, I would think he'd want to STEP AWAY from the screen. But no.

I think I'll try Jef's suggestion!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Funny, my wife is either busy channel surfing, hanging out with her friends, or online. We don't do much together anymore either. Thought this was the natural progression of marriage.

3:12 PM  
Blogger zhsy00001 said...

He!

:-\

It isn't the first time I've been mistaken for a woman. The last time, I had really long red hair and was seen from the back. The time before that had really long red hair and was three.
These days, I shave my head and have a very red go-tee. I'm not mistaken any more. ... Well not in person. Persona, is apparently another story.

Just Kelly

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forums . . . or get yelled at over a Q-tip . . .
Forums . . . or get yelled at over a Q-tip . . .

hmmmm . . .

J.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home