Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Jolly Time of Year

I hate Christmas. Before you recoil in terror and label me a Grinch... let me make my point.

First, from a graphics standpoint, it is a logistical nightmare. Red & green are NOT meant to go together. You can argue the color wheel theory to me 'til your blue in the face, but you will never convince me that the Xmas color scheme is beautiful.
I actually like the "blue" Christmas thing, but you have to live in my household to understand that a single color scheme will NEVER happen...(Christmas tree stories for another day...)

But people are generally MEANER around Christmas. Everyone is hassled because they actually have to go out and shop. Then they stress out because they're short on cash. All of this manifests into vicious cases of road rage (guilty), which in turn makes 90% of adults grumpy, mean & spiteful. Merry Freakin' Christmas.

I'm truly hoping that the joy on my daughter's face will redeem this lost holiday for me. I don't expect much this year beyond drool and a smile (she thinks the dog is the coolest thing in the world). But I want to be transported back to a time when Christmas was fun & happy for somebody besides the credit card companies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home