Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Vocabulary Optional

After plowing through hundreds of crappy ads, a graphic designer starts to lose use of their vocabulary skills. It's a past-time of my department to inadvertently make up our own language. One girl, Jennifer, is rather adept at this skill. Luckily, she has a great since of humor about it. Some of my personal favorites: mushy-brained (tired at the end of the day), paginitation (pagination), and my absolute favorite; the spelling of the word wreath (REEF).

She's British. It's not her fault.

I've decided to start documenting our language faux-pas here. One struck me as particularly humorous this morning. This one came from another artist, but it's still worthy of sharing.

"While returning grief-strucken from one funeral, the woman found out her other brother was dead, too."

I'm grief-strucken that the English language has to endure such brutality... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home