Saturday, November 26, 2005

Deleted Post

I have posted three explosive rants over the past week, all over one single work-related topic, only to read them and take them back down. "Don't blog angry," I tell myself. The repercussions could cost me a promotion somewhere down the line. But that brings up an interesting topic. How easy it is to forget that an entire online community now has access to my innermost feelings.

My mother asked me the other day, "What'a a BLOG, anyway?"
"Basically it's an online diary."
"Can't anybody hack into that??" My mother. She's so cute in her technilogical naivité.
"Yes, Mom, that's the point. Anybody can read it. It encourages conversation."

I believe my mother thinks that everyone on the Internet is some kind of freak. Perhaps they are. I met my husband on the Internet; many people would agree that he's not particularly right in the head. But then, I feel more comfortable having a conversation with a graphic pen in my hand, when I can take my time and contemplate a witty comeback. Real life is so much harder; I've always been one of those people who has something clever to say five minutes too late. But the same principles apply here; don't say anything that may come back to haunt you later.

Don't blog angry. It's my new mantra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home