Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Where Did October Go?

It is with great surprise that I looked up at the date on my calendar this morning and realized October passed without a second thought.

So begins the frantic November Oh-My-God-Christmas-Will-Be-Here-Tomorrow dance. Of course, in typical me fashion, I will continue to tell myself, "You still have time!" That is, until I'm standing in a crush of other last-minute shoppers sifting through the picked-over gift rejects (Mom would use a pair of fuzzy suede slippers, REALLY).

So now I face the same dilemma that I face ever year. What do I get my parents? They are so hard to shop for. Considering I forgot my father's birthday this year (I am truly a worthless daughter), I really don't want to drop the ball this time. But what do you get people who have everything they want? I could follow my husband's example, and buy him car parts, but I have no idea what parts he needs and I don't want to spoil the surprise by asking. And my mother, EEK. Last year they received a Dremel tool and a washing machine. Being the creative person that I am, you would think I could come up with something better than THAT.

I want October back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home