Monday, November 28, 2005

Turn That Frown Into A Chai Eggnog Latte

I awoke this morning with the familiar sense of dread; I had to go to work. The frown that is now permanently etched into my forehead (thank you, 30) was particularly pronounced today. The thought of ad after boring ad made me want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head until January (Then I wouldn't have to deal with Christmas, either). Even the baby didn't want to get up; her little face scrunched up in annoyance as I pulled her across the bed, her eyes shut tight. But I got up and trudged through my morning routine, because if I don't go today, it just gets worse tomorrow.

When I arrived at work (late, as usual), my co-worker was getting into his car to leave. Could it be...Yes! Thank God! A Starbucks run! But what should I get?

Chai Eggnog Latté. Hell yeah. All the mystery of the Middle East, a hint of clove, a dash of cinnamon, mixed with the rich, buttery Christmas spirit of eggnog! Warm, comforting, but still enough caffiene to kick you in the ass and get you moving. And that's when I had today's epiphany;

This warm fuzzy feeling is what Christmas is all about. For a limited time only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home