Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Woodlands: Preserving Nature

I'm struck by the irony of The Woodlands. People living in harmony with nature.

Haha. Yeah, right. I drive straight through The Woodlands everyday to go to work, and I see nature preserved all over the roadways.

Today, it was one squirrel and one raccoon. Yesterday, it was a skunk and a possum. And a couple of weeks ago, it was a deer, back legs crippled beyond repair dragging itself across the highway to die in a ditch. (That one will haunt me for quite some time.)

I assume a large portion of the outrageous homeowner fees goes towards "Animal Carcass Removal."

Urban sprawl camoflaged with a couple of trees because a bunch of yuppies want to feel "Closer To Nature." Funny how humans can convince themselves of damn near anything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When they build new developments inthe DFW area they tear down all the trees, plant smaller ones and fewer, then wait 20 years for the trees to grow to add property value. I hate it!

~Jef

1:33 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I never knew that's what the Woodlands theme was. So, living in harmony with nature means having a home that costs more than I'd make in 10 years with some trees in the backwoods and driving luxury cars. I guess I'm anti-environment the way I live.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home