Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Politics

I'm quickly learning that being a 30-year-old woman in a corporate environment is threatening to some 50-year-old men. I used to think the whole feminist movement was just a bunch of bored women with nothing else to bitch about, but I'm starting to think that perhaps they have a point. It is amazing to me that in this day and age, people still won't take you seriously if you wear a skirt.

My parents taught me that if you work hard, you'll be rewarded. Not true. If you work hard, somebody else will take credit for all your hard work. They taught me if you were honest, you would be respected. Not true. If you're honest, everyone gets their feelings hurt and calls you a bitch. And if you were responsible, then you would be recognized for your accomplishments. Not true. If you're responsible, people will simply whine until they get their way.

What ever happened to a little thing called "work ethic?" Why is it so hard in this day and age for someone to just shut up and do their job?

Perhaps I should install a train horn in my cubicle, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger salcam said...

Don't forget a nice rusty bear trap in the doorway, too.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home